Saturday, January 5, 2008

Happy New Year!

Well this is kind of late but Happy New Year everyone. Well New Years eve was good as it could get with out my hubby home. All though now I can say he will be home next year. We did our usual traditions. This might sound weird to everyone but this is what we do. We wear yellow underwear. We wear them backwards and at the stroke of midnight we change them to the correct way. My mom gives us 10 dollars in ones so we will have good luck with money all year. We each put a dollar in to a vase in the middle of the table for good luck. We also eat 12 grapes. Before you eat each grape you make a wish. Then come the hugs and the toast. This year Kate toasted with apple soda! I was very excited about that. She held her glass up and everything. By the way she also wore the yellow under wear. She stayed up until 12:30 like a trooper and then knocked out! We all stayed up until 3:30am drinking beer and listening to music. My mom made Fajitas,sausage,mexican ribs,pico de gallo,charro beans, and rice.(Jamie's favorite)! Oh she also made this really spicy salsa. It was nice to be home and do our traditions. I haven't been home for this since 2002! I still missed all my friends in Hawaii! I had them in my thoughts when the clock struck 12. All though it was only 8pm in Hawaii.. LOL!! Looking forward for tomorrow when we do our 3 wise men day cake. That's for another blog. I will let everyone know in another blog how we celebrate that day!

No comments: