Thursday, January 31, 2008

Catching Up

It's been a while but it has been hectic around here. Right after 3 wise men day Kate and I got really sick.. I was so sick it actually knocked me down. I haven't been this sick in about 10 years. It was horrible. It took me over a week to fully recover.. Kate was pretty bad also. She got nasty fevers and a really bad cough. It too her about 2 weeks to recover. After that I enrolled her in Gymnastics. She loved it. She will be going every Monday until June.She has gone 2 weeks now. Next Monday will be her 3rd week.. I am also having fun with her.. I laugh during the whole class watching all the kids do the exercises.. I am glad I was able to find something for her to be distracted.. After that I started looking for a place of my own and found one. (Long story behind that). I got a one bedroom in Pearland Tx right across the street from her gymnastics school.. I move in Feb.. Well last weekend I met up downtown with Leo's grandparents Nana and Grandad.. They were in town for a Mary Kay convention. So Kate and I stopped by their hotel for a visit.. We chatted for a while and then had dinner. We caught up on things since I had not seen them since our Disneyland trip in June..Kate and I will be flying out to Arizona soon to go visit them again. Can't wait for that.. My husband's Birthday was the after that. It was very depressing since he wasn't here for us to enjoy it with him. And for that matter he won't be here for the next one either.. We sent him out a care package for him to receive on his Birthday. It had candy,jelly bellies and some other goodies. Oh and a Star Wars Birthday card with the theme music. It was a funny card that said a long long time ago and then you open it and said you were born. He called that night and said that card made his day and laugh. I was so happy to hear that.. The rest of this week has pretty much been the same. I am just shopping around for stuff for my new apt and tomorrow I am taking my car to register it in the state of TX. I am going to be kinda of sad to see my Hawaii plates go. I move in next Friday. I was going to Killeen this weekend but the move postponed everything.. But it is for the best.. I will be going at the end of the month when I am settled.. Also in a week I can say 2 down 13 months to go.. Slowly but surely.. That deserves a whole nother blog...

1 comment:

Jamie said...

yea a blog! i was wondering if you had forgotten about it :)
have fun decorating your new place. i'll talk to you soon.