Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter and all before that!

Well it's been a long time.. If I remember I left off on moving in.. Well I did.. I went and got furniture from Ikea! I love that store but the only thing is you have to build everything your self.. Major pain in the ass.. But I had a blast shopping.. Well I am settled in.. I am just buying little stuff here and there as I go.. Don't want to buy to much.. But enough to make it my home for now.. A week after i moved in Valentine's day was knocking at mt door.. I got pictures and a card from my hubby.. Kate got a cinderella outfit. My mom took me to Bennigan's.. We had a delicious appetizer that consist of quesadillas, southwest eggrolls, potato skins..(yummy) I also had a drink.. An Irish Bulldog.. So good!!! I had a chicken and cheese plate w mushrooms.. Last but not least we had dessert.. This fried brownie thing that was so incredibly delicious.. It must of had enough calories for a week but my hubby isn't home.. Very good food.. After that we came home and just relaxed.. After Valentine's day not to much happened.. My friend Lillian has been coming over here and there.. We hang out and have drinks at my place.. March started as good as it could.. We made it to number 3 of the deployment.. He has been gone for 3 months now.. 12 to go.. It sound like a lot but the time is going by so fast.. Well not fast enough but it's going?. Although I will say all the drama that came with March made it go by just a little bit faster.. Drama not a good thing when our hubbies are deployed but some stupid people don't care.. Stupid immature freak out about everything stupid walkaholic people.. But that is not my story to tell.. Although I was kinda of involved in it.. But those people will get theres.. We started Spring Break.. I was out all week.. We went to the Zoo, Museum of natural Science, Johnson Space Center and the Downtown Aquarium.. We had a blast.. Kate was loving it.. That weekend I just came home and fell on the bed like in the movies.. LOL!! Exhausted.. But the week went by pretty fast.. I am glad we did all those things.. Kate was in heaven.. Well then with a blink of an eye came Easter.. Now we do Easter a little different.. Friday night Kate and I decorated eggs.. She loves doing that and she did a great job.. Saturday morning we filled them up with confetti and covered them.. We don't do your traditional hard boiled eggs. My mom did it like this every year.. We fill the eggs up with confetti we hide them then find them and then we break them on each others head..We will get crazy sometimes and put flour in them.. Very messy but so much fun.. I did it this way in 06 with a couple of friends back in Hawaii and they loved.. We also don't make the traditional ham.. We make Fajitas,sausage,charro beans,rice,pico de gallo, guacamole sauce and salsa.. That is our traditional food for Easter for us.. My mom make this mexican bread pudding type called capirotada.. It is pretty much toasted french bread with pilloncillo sauce, raisins , bananas and some other things.. It is so good.. We hung out with family and friends.. Kate had a blast cracking eggs on everybody's head.. My nephew Brandon didn't like it so much. Would scream if you came near him with an egg.. After we hung out in the backyard and had beers.. Kate and I came home took a shower to get confetti out of our hair and went to bed.. Well today is my birthday and it just started but by the end today it will need it's own blog..

No comments: