Tuesday, July 22, 2008

All eyes on TS Dolly!

Right now all over the news and freeway signs you see reminders of a tropical storm in the gulf. We are not going to get the direct impact but they are saying we will feel the outerbands and strong winds tomorrow and Thursday! They are predicting Dolly to develope into a Cat 1 Hurricane. They are also predicting landfall for south Texas/northern Mexico! I have family there. They are further inland but they to will feel the effects. They are asking for all of us near the coast to fill up gas tanks! I am going to. I am about an hour or less from Galveston! I am not taking any chances. I am not freaking out about it but you know how it goes. You seemed to get bleeped when you are unprepared. So we will just have to wait and see. I took some pics of how it is outside right now and a sign on the freeway asking us to fill up our gas tanks. Today is pretty windy. Actually really windy! I opened my car door and it flew wide open with me still hanging on to it. LOL! I am keeping a close eye on it tonight!

Host unlimited photos at slide.com for FREE!

Host unlimited photos at slide.com for FREE!
Today is a very beautiful day kinda of cloudy and windy! Hopefully it won't get to bad here. We need the rain but no power outages!

2 comments:

Jamie said...

i saw this on the news and i was going to ask you if you were near there. i'm sure you'll be okay. you made it through an earthquake, 40 days of rain, and 5 days with no power in beautiful hawaii LOL. make sure you get some flashlights & batteries and bottled water. keep me posted!

Unknown said...

yep, DON'T forget the batteries! LOL We always get caught unprepared with no batteries.